'Didgeridoo Journey Workshops'
Didgeridoo Journey Workshops are Didgeridoo and Australia topic workshops for school, festivals, kids parties, office parties, youth groups, community groups, occupational therapy…and more.
What can we didgeri-do?
- Listen to Chris telling a dreamtime tale of the first time a didgeridoo was played
- Learn about Aboriginal Australian words for didgeridoos (didgeridoo is an English word!)
- Find out that Aboriginal Australians see themselves as part of the landscape and that everything has a spirit to it – including a didgeridoo
- Everyone gets a practice didgeridoo to play and learn on
- Aboriginal style animal form dance
- Earth Painting with paints made from earth from your school grounds
- Environmental land art maps
- Aboriginal style bushcraft and nature awareness games and activities
- Didgeridoo making and decorating * Ask Chris for more details
Prices from £200 (for up to a half day) to £300 for a whole day, plus travel.
I am available for hour long demos to multi day visits.
A typical workshop day with, two classes for example, starts with a
- 25-45 min assembly for all (whole school if you like!)
- followed by two didgeridoo playing workshops – one for each class, before lunch
- Chris makes earth pigment paints using earth from the school grounds and the extra pigments he brings
- Aboriginal style earth pigment painting session on calico after lunch
- Plenary at the end of the day for more stories!
But as you know, each school/group is unique, so do get in touch and lets make a plan for you!